(After getting very badly owned regarding his "Dinosaurs are just gigantic lizards and scientists make random shit up" post, Brimac bravely forges ahead. Godspeed, little dude!)
Okay, this thread has gotten way of tract. First of all, a few clarifications:
1) Some people have misunderstood(probably my fault)what I meant about science. I do agree that much good has been done through science.
2) The reason why I am weary of the skeletal structures, is because archaelogists have been wrong before. For instance, they thought that the Neatherthal man was a step closer to the missing link, but was it was actually a man with rickets. Also, the parts which were found to place together the Java man skeleton were found quite some distance from each other, and unless grenades were common millions of years ago, that was a scam.
3) The reason why the rotated hips are not proof to me that dinos were not reptiles is that:
1) we cannot be 100% sure that the skeletons are correct
2) I do still believe that Micro-evolution is a fact, species do mutate and evolve within there own species
3) You know how when people get old, they get slouched over as an effect, how can we be sure that if a reptile grows large enough its bones might not become misformed or change position?
4) I do belive that some breeds have become extinct, just because we have not found a reptile to fit the form of each dino, does not mean that it never existed.
5) So much of the earth's oceans and rainforests are yet to be explored, there is no telling what will be found there!
Brimac, FSTDT Comments 40 Comments
[7/23/2007 12:12:11 PM]
Fundie Index: 5