2017 FSTDT Awards
This is the post where we nominate categories for the 2017 FSTDT Awards! Feel free to nominate as many categories as you like, discuss them, give suggestions, etc. in the comments below.
But don't start nominating quotes yet
— just categories — though do
give at least a couple example quotes from your category and a brief explanation of it if it's not self-explanatory. All examples will be eligible for nomination next month. If necessary, we'll narrow down the number of categories during the last week of this month. I think most categories will be accepted, though, provided they're not overly narrow, and they have eligible quotes from at least three or so people. (But finding and demonstrating this is you guys'
I've provided an example category nomination below. (If you know me, you probably already know what it's about.)
Also note: Unless most of you guys object, we're just going to award individual quotes
this year instead of people, since the winners would most likely be "X of the Year" anyway. There will also only be two rounds of elimination. But I'll get more into detail about that when it comes time to nominate quotes.
quote of the year
• Conspiracy theorist
• Sexist (Split into Misogynist, Misandrist, Binarist? Y/N)
• Nightmare fuel
• WTF?! (For incomprehensible and just plain bizarre stuff, such as this
• UFOnaut of the year (shy):
Quotes about UFOs, aliens, alien-like "extradimensional entities," and so forth. These sorts of quotes are just inherently funny to me for some reason, and this has been a banner year for them; see here
, and here
• Neo-Dadaist Award (shy):
For excellence in word salad.
• Jack Chick Memorial Award (Bastethotep):
For "best" cartoon
• Historical Revisionist Award (Bastethotep):
• Hannibal Lecter Wannabe of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
for deranged sickos with delusions of being a diabolic mastermind playing fiendish mindgames. Examples: everything by cantfightnature, this post by Alia Harkonnen
, or this
• Evo Psycho of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
for the worst instance of biologistic pseudoscience.
• Edgelord of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
• Most Obnoxious Style of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
- e.g. Tim Rattay's delusions of intellectual pwnage, Chateau Heartiste's pseudointellectual vulgarism, Mike King's self-indulgent attempts at snark...
• Vogon of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
for the worst poem.
• Pseudointellectual of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
• Unreliable Narrator of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
for incel or ***maniac anecdotes that are, at best, obviously warped beyond recognition, if not outright fabrications.
• Failed Statesman of the Year (Pharaoh Bastethotep):
for neoreactionaries and other crackpots of political philosophy, e. g. "Libertarian Fascism"
• Xenophobe Award (hydrolythe):
• Veruca Salt Award (Salami):
For achievements in unwarranted entitlement and whining
• No Fun Allowed Award (Salami):
• Science Denialist Award (dxdydz):
• Numerologist Award (dxdydz):
Because "Numerologist of the year" = 4 words therefore Illuminati
• Armchair Anarchist Award (Insult to Rocks):
• TERF Award (Insult to Rocks):
• Tankie Award (Insult to Rocks):
• Cray-Cray for Pay Award (Hu's on First):
For people in it for the money.
• Eugenicist Award (Hu's on First, with name from Salami):
• Basement Brownshirt Award (JeanP):
For fascists / alt-righters
• Dunning-Kruger Award (mikeandike):
• Albedo Award (mikeandike):
For those shiny, shiny mirrors
• Written One-Handed Award (Vman):
They were obviously fapping while typing this.
• "We Have To Dig Deeper!" Award (Vman):
Going where no-one has gone before, these people have shown us new horizons of twistedness, disgust, disturbing fantasy or bottom-feeding.
• First World Problems Award (Vman):
"Look at how terrible my life is! And don't tell me that I have it good just because everything is provided to me free of charge in my very own air-conditioned basement!"
• "A God Am I!" Award (Vman):
For those who claim hardcore superpowers or otherwise have some really impressive delusions of grandeur.
• Unintentional Hilarity Award (Vman):
• Woe is Me Award (FMS)
• Glutton for punishment Award (SomeApe):
For the most stubborn trolls visiting us here, f.e. C**mib or James Wilson...
2017 FSTDT Awards Categories, Brought to you by you! 41 Comments
[11/1/2017 2:34:46 AM]
Fundie Index: 2
Submitted By: shy